Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge
Copper River Valley / Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve (Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge)
Located at the gateway to the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge is perched on a bluff overlooking the world famous Copper River. The Copper River area offers many exciting opportunities such as hiking, rafting, world class salmon fishing, and visits to the historic Kennecott Copper Mines. This is a seasonal property in a remote region about two hours north of Valdez and four hours northeast of Anchorage, open between May 18 through Sept 17.
Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge Jobs
The Information you Need:
For more information on the Copper River Valley / Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve area, we recommend visiting these sites:
- Division Location: Copper Center, Alaska
- Number of Employees: Approximately 90 employees
- Housing Type: Dorm Style & RV sites
- Typical Season: May 18 through September 17
- Types of Jobs:
- Food & Beverage
- Tour Desk
- Front Desk
- Gift Shop
- Accounting & Human Resources
Copper Center, population est. 450, is located 15 miles south of Glennallen, 4 hours east of Anchorage, and 2 hours north of Valdez on the banks of the Copper and Klutina Rivers. The lodge sits on a bluff across the highway from “central” Copper Center, overlooking the Trans-Alaska Oil Pipeline, the Klutina River and the Copper River valleys and the mountains of the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. It is breathtaking! There is hiking, camping, fishing, and rafting to do in the area near and around the lodge. Wildlife, such as bears and moose, are frequently sighted in the area.
The “business center” of Copper Center consists of the post office, a gas station, a small general store, and some homes. Glennallen, a quick drive up the Richardson Highway and with about 500 residents, has more shopping options, gas stations, hardware stores, churches, post office, and even a second hand shop. Having a car is a definite plus to get around. But if you don’t have a vehicle, you can hop on the Lodge employee shuttle to Anchorage on your days off to get supplies or have a break in the “city”.
- Employee housing is located less than 1/8th of a mile or less than a 5 minute walk from the Lodge.
- All rooms are non-smoking and pet free environments.
- Dormitory living: typically shared rooms with bathrooms down the hall. Meals are included and served in the Employee Dining Room at the Lodge.
- RV Sites are available.
- Amenities at employee housing include:
- Free laundry facilities, including detergent
- Ping pong & foosball tables, games and books
- Basketball court, horseshoe pit, and outside seating areas
- Common Area with large TV & DVD player
- Wireless internet access and two desk top computers available in Common Area
- Soda and food vending machines available in Common Area
- Televisions with limited cable are available in each room.
- Convenient parking for employees with cars.
If needed, air transportation to Anchorage may be arranged through Princess Tours. Princess Tours offers a repayment program that will allow you to repay the cost of your ticket with your earned wages, once on site. Upon your arrival in Anchorage, you will be picked up by a shuttle from Copper River Princess Lodge. Speak with your hiring manager for more information.
Employee shuttles run often to Copper Center and Glennallen for shopping and stops at the post office. Also, there are frequent employee trips to Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Valdez available to enjoy on days off.
Why Work at Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge?
Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge offers an opportunity of a lifetime–catch a world famous Copper River red salmon, see the amazing Alaska wildlife, wander through the history in the Kennicott Copper Mines, experience Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, walk on a glacier, and make new friends from all over the world, all while working for the Alaska Tourism Leader, Princess Tours.
Upon successful completion of the terms of the employment agreement, an attractive discounted travel program may be available, including cruises with Princess Cruises, which sails worldwide. Discounts are available on tours offered at the Tour Desk during the summer and on lodge stays at the other Princess Wilderness Lodges.