Instructor, Driver Safety and Training (seasonal) — Anchorage Transportation and Guest Services (Anchorage, AK)
- Conducts behind the wheel and classroom instruction in Anchorage, AK.
- Communicates and enforces Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) regulations, state and local regulations, and company policies.
- Demonstrates driver-guide techniques and maintenance duties.
- Evaluates student driver's abilities and training progress and documents student driver's skills progress.
- Reports trainees progress to management on a regular basis.
- Maintains records in the appropriate logs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have previous experience as a driver-guide with Holland America/Princess-Alaska or equivalent experience.
- Current, valid driver's license, with three (3) years clean driving record. Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be requested.
- Must meet Company's clean driver eligibility requirements.
- Current, valid Commercial Driver's License, Class B with an air brake endorsement is required. (May be obtained through Company training course.)
- Must be certified as physically qualified through a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer business applications.
- Minimum age of 21 is required.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
***Must have completed two seasons with HAP Alaska-Yukon, as a Driver Guide operating a motor coach, or if an applicant has held a CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) for at least two years, with a Passenger and Air Brake Endorsement, for one of the two years, and has been employed by HAP as a Driver Guide for one season, then the applicant would be eligible to apply for the position.***
Anchorage, AK USA
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Alaska
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.