Ptarmigan- Deck Hand (seasonal) — Marine / Day Boat (Portage, AK)
- A deckhand aboard the mv Ptarmigan is responsible for assisting the captain with daily maintenance and operation of the vessel.
- A deckhand is also responsible for cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the vessel.
- They work directly with the captain of the vessel to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip for the guest.
- Deckhands also perform sales & service functions, primarily selling tickets and greeting guests.
- Transportation between Anchorage and Portage is provided.
- Ability to be flexible with dynamic situations and be able to work under stressful and fast-paced conditions.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, maintain an attention to detail, while working in a team or group environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with customers, employees and management.
- Must be able to perform safety and emergency duties as dictated by the US Coast Guard.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- 1st Aid and CPR card is required (may be obtained through company training), pre-employment and random drug/alcohol testing is required.
- Current, valid driver's license, with three (3) years clean driving record. Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be requested.
- Must meet Company's clean driver eligibility requirements.
- Cash handling and public speaking experience recommended.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Portage, AK USA
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Alaska
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.