Tour Director (seasonal) — Escorted Tour Operations (Anchorage, AK)
- Accompany up to 52 guests per tour, ensuring a seamless guest service experience through each segment of their Alaska Cruisetour.
- Consistently deliver high levels of customer service to all guests.
- Work in concert with Driver Guides, Guest Service Hosts, Rail Guides and other company employees as required.
- Complete all paperwork associated with tours including daily reports, luggage counts, sales reports, expense reports, and others as required.
- Inform and assist guests with booking optional land excursions and help facilitate sales.
- Listen and respond to guest's questions, comments and complaints.
- Strive to answer questions and resolve complaints.
- Assist guests with special requests pertaining to hotel room needs, dietary requirements and mobility issues.
- Applies knowledge of customer service, company products, services, policies and procedures, various division information, facilities, logistics, and operations.
- Work with Driver Guides to arrange approved games, entertainment, and tour enhancement materials while onboard the motorcoach.
- Represent respective tour brands in a professional manner, appearance, attitude and actions.
- Assist with luggage loading and unloading, including luggage counts as needed.
- Assist local guest service teams with lost luggage and property claims.
- As needed by tour pattern, provide tour narration to guests for tour duration.
- Perform all other duties as required by departmental supervision.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must relocate to Alaska for the term of employment.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a customer service position is recommended.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with guests, colleagues, and management.
- Proficient in public speaking to groups up to 52 guests.
- Enjoy working with all types of people.
- Must be organized, professional, punctual, able to prioritize, maintain attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to commit to a 100-day season.
- Maintain accurate records for expense report completion.
- Able to obtain a CPR and First Aid certificate prior to the season.
- Able to lift and move baggage weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Able to obtain a valid United States Passport prior to the season start.
- Sales experience preferred but not required.
- Applicants must be able to gain entrance into Canada for this position and should be fully aware of the requirements for entry prior to accepting employment offer. **PLEASE NOTE: A criminal conviction in Canada is defined as both misdemeanors and felonies, including Juvenile convictions. If you have any concerns that you might not be able to meet the requirements of entry into Canada, please contact Canadian Immigration for additional information. Applicants hired into positions that cross into Canada will be subject to background checks by the Canadian government. Denial of entry into Canada will result in inability to complete job requirements and will therefore result in reassignment and/or termination of employment.**
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Anchorage, AK USA
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Alaska
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.