Chef, Sous (seasonal) — Skagway Westmark Hotel (Skagway, AK)
- Support the Executive Chef.
- Prepares food according to recipe, supervises, and follows the menus and restaurant specifications in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures the kitchen staff provides the restaurant guest with excellent food quality, consistency, and with professional service.
- Trains and supervises the line cooks and kitchen assistants.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, objectives and applicable government laws and regulations.
- Two (2) year culinary experience with a minimum of one year of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and essential on the job training that has provided the individual with the expertise and knowledge of food product, presentation, quality and preparation.
- Must have the ability to prepare recipes and cost them according to Company guidelines and standards.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, write/read reports and purchase orders, communicate with groups of customers and/or employees and solve practical problems.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, maintain an attention to detail, while working in a team or group environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with customers, employees and management.
- Must be able to work with limited support and able to analyze and evaluate alternatives on a plan of action.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Demonstrate team building experience and ability to lead by example.
- Must be able to regularly lift a minimum of 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Skagway, AK USA
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Alaska
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.