Waithelp (seasonal) — Skagway Westmark Hotel (Skagway, AK)
- Set up the dining room.
- Serve food and beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification is preferred.
- Six (6) months customer service experience is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and dining etiquette is required.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications with a working knowledge of computerized restaurant point of sale (POS) systems is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, maintain an attention to detail, while working in a team or group environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with customers, employees and management.
- Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
- CPR certification and/or First Aid training is preferred.
- Current, valid, TAMS or TIPS certification is required.
- Adhere to the company grooming standards.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Frequently required to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to regularly lift a minimum of 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to transport a minimum of 35 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products processes within the restaurant and hotel.
- Basic mathematical skills, ability to read and interpret documents, ability to write and read reports and purchase orders is required.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Skagway, AK USA
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Alaska
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.