Supv, Housekeeping (seasonal) — Dawson City Westmark Hotel (Dawson City, YT)
Housekeeper Supervisor #ZR
Westmark Inn Dawson City
Role and Responsibilities:
To supervise work activities of the Housekeeping Department staff to ensure clean, orderly and well-presented guest rooms. Ability to assign duties, inspect work and investigate guest complaints regarding housekeeping services and equipment and take corrective action. May be involved in taking periodic inventories, training new employees and disciplinary action. Must be a readily available team player, able to assist fellow employees and supervisors when needed. Assisting Housekeeping Manager to maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers.
- Assign Room Attendants with their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness providing ongoing work performance feedback.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and take corrective action.
- Coordinates work activities among departments.
- Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures and maintenance of equipment.
- Inventory stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
- Examines buildings to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment and makes recommendations to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and guest complaints.
- Issues supplies and equipment to staff when needed.
- Establishes standards and procedures for the Housekeeping department.
- Advises Housekeeping Manager and Guest Services of guest rooms ready for service – consistent updates to the team throughout the day.
- Records data regarding work assignments, staff actions, and health and safety issues.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have 2+ years’ experience working within a housekeeping supervisor role or similar
- Strong communication skills needed.
- Ability to communicate and solve practical problems with groups of customers and/or employees.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Lift or carry objects up to a maximum of 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand or walk the entire shift.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate the ability to work in a fast past environment while being detail oriented.
- Read, write and understand simple instructions and procedures.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Dawson City, Yukon, Canada
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Yukon