Wait Staff (seasonal) — Fairbanks Westmark Hotel (Fairbanks, AK)
- Greet guests of the restaurant in a friendly and timely manner.
- Performs a variety of food and beverage serving tasks
- Routinely takes food and beverage orders, enters the orders into the restaurant's point of sale system, and serves the customers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to the hotel standards of quality.
- Answers customer queries.
- High school education preferred.
- Previous Wait Staff experience preferred.
- Experience in the hospitality environment considered a plus or some exposure to customer service.
- Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
- CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
- TAMS or TIPS Certification required.
- Must meet or exceed Company and Hotel grooming standards.
- Must be punctual, reliable, works well under pressure and detail oriented.
- Regular attendance in conformance with Westmark Hotel standards required.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and dining etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Knowledge of the electronic/supportive equipment available for functions/banquets.
- Frequently required to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to regularly lift a minimum of 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to transport a minimum of 35lbs through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products processes within the restaurant and hotel.
- Requires basic mathematical skills, ability to read and interpret documents, ability to write and read reports and purchase orders.
- Must be able to communicate with groups of customers and/or employees and to solve problems.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Fairbanks, AK USA
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Alaska
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.