Chef, Executive (seasonal) — Dawson City Westmark Hotel (Dawson City, YT)
- Oversees complete operation of the kitchen and is responsible to ensure that quality, cleanliness, food and labor objectives are met.
- Ensures that the kitchen staff provides the restaurant guests with excellent food quality, consistency, and professional service.
- Supervises the Sous Chef, line cooks, and kitchen assistants and is responsible for kitchen inspections, training and providing required reports.
- A minimum of 5 years cooking experience, including banquet and catering production, as well as a minimum of two years Sous Chef experience is required.
- Frequently required to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to regularly lift a minimum of 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, write and understand reports and purchase orders.
- Ability to communicate with groups of customers and/or employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems appropriately and efficiently.
- Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to add, subtract and multiply, including food cost percentages.
- May be required to work different schedules that may include evening and weekends.
- Flexibility is a must.
- Performs other tasks assigned by direct supervisor and/or property manager.
- Punctual, reliable, detail oriented and works well under pressure.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Dawson City, Yukon, Canada
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Yukon