Ptarmigan- Relief Captain (seasonal) — Marine / Day Boat (Portage, AK)
Position is operating the M/V Ptarmigan two (2) days per week on Portage Lake.
- Full start up and shut down of the engine room and wheelhouse.
- Vessel maneuvering and docking for five cruises a day, one hour each.
- Relief Captain will be at the boat in Portage Valley during all operations on assigned work days.
- Assist the Engineer with daily maintenance aboard the vessel, responsible for smooth daily operation and keeping on cruise schedule.
- Other responsibilities include running weekly emergency drills with the crew, short announcements on the PA system, and ensuring that passenger count does not exceed capacity.
- The number one priority is the guests safety while providing excellent customer service.
- Must have a current 100 ton Inland Master (minimum).
- Previous experience Captaining a passenger vessel 50 feet or larger is preferred.
- Must perform safety and emergency duties in accordance with US Coast Guard regulations.
- Must be proficient in engineering, including troubleshooting, maintenance, and operation principles.
- Basic Firefighting skills is preferred.
- Basic shipboard electrical, audio/visual knowledge is required.
- Some outboard motor operations knowledge is preferred.
- Current, valid driver's license, with three (3) years clean driving record. Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be requested.
- Must meet Company's clean driver eligibility requirements.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout the season.
- A 1st Aid and CPR card is required (can be obtained through company sponsored training).
- Ability to work with and lead individuals on all different professional levels and be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, maintain an attention to detail, while working in a team or group environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with customers, employees and management.
- Must be willing to work long hours and maintain a positive, professional attitude.
- Previous work experience in a supervisory position is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications with emphasis in Word and Excel.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work in the United States
Portage, AK USA
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Alaska
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.