Accountant, Lead (seasonal) — Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge (Copper Center, AK)
Performs a variety of moderately complex accounting tasks. Routinely processes accounting documents and data and verifies information. Responsible for auditing to maintain accurate records. Researches discrepancies and initiates contact to resolve problems. Answers calls and responds to queries as needed. Responsible for the employment, supervision, performance management, salary administration, discipline, and training of directly assigned personnel.
(Prncss progrmmr/analyst, Litton, no backup documentation.)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The job’s most essential functions and responsibilities:
- Review receipts and audit for accuracy and compliance with policies and controls.
- Balance, review, adjust, and close credit cards.
- Maintain accuracy with accounting records and documentation.
- Researches discrepancies and initiate contact to resolve problems.
- Perform data entry and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Train cashiers and servers on appropriate cash handling, policies, and procedures.
- Performs daily and routine payroll duties within established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Responsible for the employment, supervision, performance management, salary administration, discipline, and training of directly assigned personnel.
Level of education, experience, specialized knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of the job:
- This job normally requires a professional level of knowledge in hotel financial accounting equivalent to that which would be acquired through the completion of some college or equivalent certification. Demonstration of directly related work experience, which has provided an equivalent breadth, and depth of knowledge may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications, with working knowledge of computerized accounting and payroll systems.
- Ability to clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, with all levels of employees, management and customers.
- This job normally requires three years of progressively responsible accounting experience. Experience in a hotel environment is preferred.
Copper Center, AK USA
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Alaska