Supervisor, Dining Room — Dawson City Westmark Hotel (Dawson City, YT)
Supervisor, Dining Room
To oversee all front of house Food & Beverage operations while keeping in close communication with back of house kitchen team. To provide excellent customer service to everyone who visits the restaurant. Greeting and seating guests in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner in accordance with the Westmark Hotels and HAP standards of quality. Assisting Waithelp employees by expediting, running food, bussing tables and completing regular table checks with guests. Adhering to training on menus and sequence of service to assist guests with ordering by answering menu questions or making recommendations upon request.
- Maintains communication with and supports the Food & Beverage Manager
- Inspect dining room, table settings, chairs, floors, proper maintenance, cleanliness and safety. Takes immediate action to correct any issues.
- Operation of MICROS
- Assist with seating, hostessing, running food, bussing tables, and expeditin.g
- Check tables throughout service times for guest satisfaction, resolve guest complaints
- In absence of the Food & Beverage Manager may serve as Manager on Duty (MOD) and handle opening or closing procedures.
- Supervise the dining room staff and maintain uniform service standards.
- Ensure side work is completed every shift and dining room supplies are stocked. Reports any supply shortages to the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Review daily specials, stations and other applicable announcements.
- Assists Food & Beverage Manager when training new-hires in service standards, menu items, use of Micros system
- Coordinates food service between kitchen and service staff.
- In absence of the Food & Beverage Manager may act as initial contact for disciplinary actions. Assure that actions are consistent and accurate. Provides timely detailed account of any disciplinary issues to the Food & Beverage Manager
- Review daily and weekly functions with Food & Beverage Manager
- Lead to achieve desired results in high quality service and experience for guests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Check customer’s ID if necessary to assure they are of legal drinking age.
- Inform guests about nightly diner specials (including drink specials)
- Understanding the various types of vouchers and programs and assisting Waithelp employees with closing them accurately.
- Children dinning receive crayons and coloring menu prior to seating and receive complimentary veggie snack prior to ordering.
- Assists with expediting proper orders to the upstairs bar/lounge.
- Exceptional teamwork skills
- Attention to detail in all aspects of service.
- Must be able to work in a high volume establishment and able to work well under pressure.
- Minimum of 2 years serving or supervisory experience required in fine dining or upscale restaurant. Ability to serve up to 8 tables in short staff situations.
- Professional, articulate, friendly, punctual, reliable, and detail-oriented.
- Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional service.
- Professional appearance that meets or exceeds Company and Hotel grooming standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with Westmark Hotel standards required.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations, dining etiquette, appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Knowledge of MICROS system preferred.
- Frequently required to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to regularly lift a minimum of 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to transport a minimum of 35lbs through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout a shift.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of product processes within the restaurant and hotel.
- Requires basic mathematical skills, ability to read and interpret documents, ability to follow standard cash out procedures.
- Must be able to communicate with groups of customers and/or employees and to solve problems.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Dawson City, Yukon, Canada
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Yukon