Assistant Manager (Seasonal) — Escorted Tour Operations (Anchorage, AK)
Under the guidance and leadership of department management team you will effectively hire, recruit, and schedule tour directors on our branded escorted products for both Holland America Line and Princess Cruises. To promote and develop best practices for providing exceptional services while effectively considering guest and employee experience, financial impact, and overall successful of departmental performance.
- Prepares schedules, monitors operations, processes reports.
- Supervises the Escorted Tour Operation team and the unit’s activities.
- Applies knowledge of company product, policies, and procedures.
- Analyzes and prepares reports.
- Responsible for the screening, interviewing applicants, and hiring applicants
- Responsible for the supervision, performance management, and corrective action of seasonal personnel
- Conduct and facilitate effective training, coaching and development programs for seasonal staff.
- Support staff with operational inquiries and problem resolution
- This job normally requires a professional level of knowledge in escorted tour operations and/or Alaska tourism equivalent to that which would be acquired through the completion of some college or an Associate’s degree and/or related experience in tourism field. Demonstration of directly related work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business application.
- Ability to clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, with all levels of employees, management, and customers.
- Travel is required for this position
- Current passport is required
- Must be able to enter legally enter Canada multiple times
- Current, valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record is required. Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be requested.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a business environment is preferred
- 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.