Driver-Guide (seasonal) — Skagway Transportation and Guest Services (Skagway, AK)
Availability: Full Time. Season runs May thru October.
- Performs a variety of customer service and driving tasks.
- Applies knowledge of FMSCA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) regulations through required documents maintained daily.
- Routinely, drives a motorcoach and provides narrated tours.
- Routinely drives a motorcoach, bus, or small shuttle vehicles between the railroad depot, and hotel properties.
- Performs inspections on vehicles and basic mechanical duties.
- Welcomes and assist guests with their luggage.
- Applies knowledge of the area to provide information to passengers.
- High school completion or equivalent certification.
- Ability to safely drive a motorcoach while speaking to passengers, answering questions and providing narration, while working in a team or group environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with customers, employees and management.
- One year of experience in positions involving customer service.
- Current, valid Commercial Drivers License is required (You may be obtain your CDL through Company training course.)
- Current, valid driver's license, with three (3) years clean driving record. Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be requested.
- Must meet Company's clean driver eligibility requirements.
- Minimum age of 21 is required.
- Must be certified as physically qualified through a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Skagway, AK USA
Princess Cruises & Holland America Lines, Alaska
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.