Mt. McKinley Transportation & Guest Services Jobs
Mt. McKinley Transportation Division
The Mt. McKinley Transportation Division operates out of the Mt McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge. The Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge is a private land holding within Denali State Park.We are located 15 miles from Trapper Creek and two hours from Denali National Park. We have a Guest Services Office in the town of Talkeetna which is one hour from the Lodge. From the decks of the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge you have the opportunity to view Mt. McKinley, the highest mountain in North America. Mt. McKinley is 38 miles from the Lodge, as a crow flies.
For more information about the Mt. McKinley/Denali State Park area, we recommend visiting these sites:
Denali State Park Information http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/units/denali1.htm.
- Location: Mile Post 133, George Parks Highway (closest town: Trapper Creek, AK)
- Number of Employees: 50 Transportation Employees; 318 McKinley Lodge Employees
- Housing Type: Dorm style rooms, most with shared bathrooms
- Typical Season: May 15 – Sept 19
- Types of Jobs:
- CDL Drivers
- Tour Desk Representatives
- Fleet Detailers
- Assistant Mechanics
- Employee housing is a 5 minute walk from the main lodge.
- All rooms are non-smoking and pet free environments.
- Dormitory living: typically shared rooms with bathrooms down the hall. Meals are included and served in the Employee Dining Room at the Lodge.
- RV Sites are available.
- Amenities at employee housing include:
- Free laundry facilities, including detergent
- Employee Rec Room with TV, VCR, and DVD player
- Softball field
- Basketball hoops
- Soccer field
- Wireless internet access available at hotspots and most rooms.
- Desktop computers available in Employee Dining Room.
- Soda and food vending machines
- Exercise equipment
- Telephone in each room
- Cable television hookup in each room. Televisions are not provided.
- Convenient parking for employees with cars.
Why Work at McKinley Transportation?
Upon successful completion of the terms of the employment agreement, an attractive discounted travel program may be available including cruises with Princess and Holland America Line. Land excursions like river rafting and horseback riding are available at a discounted price. Great fishing is also located in the area.
Earn College Credit
Employees who are enrolled in Holland America-Princess’ Commercial Driver Training Program in Alaska and out of state can register with the University of Alaska Summer Sessions program to receive 3 credits for ABUS 267, Transportation and Logistics management, a course in the Applied Business Department from the University of Alaska Fairbanks. This is the first tour company in Alaska where students can earn university credits by completing the commercial driver training program. The credits are fully transferable. Contact your hiring manager for registration information.
Visit UAF Summer Sessions to learn more. For a course description, see ABUS 267 in the UAF Course Catalog.
The Mt. McKinley Day Off Guide has more great recreation ideas!
If needed, air transportation arrangements to Anchorage may be arranged through Holland America-Princess. The company offers a repayment program that will allow you to repay the cost of your ticket with your earned wages, once on site. Once in Anchorage, you will be picked up by a shuttle from the Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge. Speak with your hiring manager for more information. Due to the nature of the employment agreement this does not apply to employees who are hired under the J1 visa program.