Denali Transportation Jobs
Holland America-Princess’ Denali Transportation Division is based at the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge and McKinley Chalet properties, located north of the entrance to Denali National Park on the banks of the Nenana River. The lodge is about a two hour drive from Fairbanks or four hour drive from Anchorage. Denali National Park is a six million acre wilderness that can be explored on bus tours, shuttles or on foot. Holland America-Princess offers courtesy shuttles to the National Park Entrance as well as shuttles to popular tours like flight seeing, horseback riding, and golfing.
For more information about the Denali National Park area, we recommend visiting this site: www.nps.gov/dena
Dormitory living: This typically includes shared rooms with public bathrooms. Some rooms include private bathrooms while others have bathrooms available on each floor. This is a smoke free environment!
- Room and board is taken directly out of each paycheck
- Cafeteria-style food is available at the employee housing complex in Healy, Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge, and the McKinley Chalet properties
- Amenities include:
- Laundry facilities
- Ping pong, foosball tables, pool tables and a piano
- Two recreation centers with large TV and DVD players
- Wireless internet access and desk top computers available in the recreation centers
- RV Sites: RV sites are not available at the employee housing location. RV sites are available in the area at the nearby McKinley RV Park.
- Local Transportation: Employee shuttles run between the hotels in the Canyon and employee housing in Healy throughout the day.
- A weekly employee shuttle to Fairbanks is also available.
Why Work for Denali Transportation?
Upon successful completion of the terms of the employment agreement, an attractive discounted travel program may be available including cruises with Princess and Holland America Line. Land excursions like fly fishing, wagon rides, and river rafting are available throughout the season at a discounted price.
Earn College Credit
Employees who are enrolled in Holland America-Princess’ Commercial Driver Training Program in Alaska and out of state can register with the University of Alaska Summer Sessions program to receive 3 credits for ABUS 267, Transportation and Logistics management, a course in the Applied Business Department from the University of Alaska Fairbanks. This is the first tour company in Alaska where students can earn university credits by completing the commercial driver training program. The credits are fully transferable. Contact your hiring manager for registration information.
Visit UAF Summer Sessions to learn more. For a course description, see ABUS 267 in the UAF Course Catalog.
The Denali Day Off Guide has more great recreation ideas!
If needed, air transportation arrangements to Fairbanks or Anchorage may be arranged through Holland America-Princess. The company offers a repayment program that will allow you to repay the cost of your ticket with your earned wages, once on site. Once in Fairbanks or Anchorage (on a pre-arranged date), you will be picked up by a shuttle from Denali. Speak with your hiring manager for more information. Due to the nature of the employment agreement this does not apply to employees who are hired under the J1 visa program.