McKinley Chalet Resort
Work at the McKinley Chalet Resort
The McKinley Chalet Resort property is located near the entrance to Denali National Park on the George Parks Highway. This property is the newest of the Holland America Line and Princess Cruises work locations.
Endless opportunities for hiking and backpacking are right outside your door. Hop on the park shuttle to take you deep into the national park with a chance to glimpse Denali, North America’s highest peak at 20,320 feet. The lodge is situated on a bluff overlooking the Nenana River, a popular destination for white-water rafters. The McKinley Chalet Resort is a seasonal property located approximately two hours south of Fairbanks and four hours north of Anchorage and is open from mid-May to mid-September.
McKinley Chalet Resort is located approximately one mile from the entrance to magnificent Denali National Park and 11 miles south of the historical and quaint coal mining community of Healy. Both locations are quiet in the winter and erupt into a hotspot of activity in the summer months.
The lodge offers complimentary scheduled shuttles to the park visitor center and science learning center, as well as a selection of area hiking trails. One can access the six million acre park by choosing between a fully guided tour or a ride through the park on a shuttle bus. Though there is a small grocery/convenience store across the street from employee housing, a weekly shuttle to Fairbanks also offers employees a chance to access the conveniences of Alaska’s second largest city.
Employee housing is located in Healy, 11 miles North of the lodge. Transportation to and from employee housing is provided.
Dormitory living: typically shared rooms with bathrooms down the hall. This is a smoke free environment and absolutely no smoking is allowed inside the building, including the bar. Three meals per day are served in employee housing and at the employee dining area at the Resort.
Lodge RV Sites: limited number of sites available in the Healy area, but are not affiliated with the McKinley Chalet Resort.
Amenities at employee housing include:
- Free laundry facilities, including detergent- Ping pong, foosball, air hockey, and pool tables, shoot around basketball, shuffleboard, Wii System, and many board games and other activities
- Outdoor sports court with basketball hoops
- Recreation centers with large TVs and DVD players
- In room televisions with a selection of satellite channels
- Scheduled activities and movie nights
- Exercise room with cardio and weight training equipment
- Wireless internet access in public areas and limited desk top computers available in Rec. Center (Wireless internet access is limited due to the remote location of the lodge. It is only available for email and surfing purposes; no downloading of music, movies, games, etc. can be supported with the limited availability.)
- Soda and snack vending machines
- Bar and Grill
Why work at the Chalet Resort?
Denali National Park and surrounding the surrounding area offers endless opportunities for wildlife viewing, hiking, camping, fishing, golfing, and national park education programs. You can even volunteer to walk the Denali National Park Service sled dogs!
Discounts are available on most tours offered at the lodge Tour Desk. As a team member, you will have access to discounts throughout the state while you are working. You may book company lodge/hotel rooms for a discounted price when available. Transportation on company motor coaches and railroads are discounted when space is available. Discounted food and gift shop purchases are also available at participating guest venues.
Upon successful completion of the terms of the employment agreement, an attractive discounted travel program may be available, including cruises with Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn.
Transportation options will be provided based upon arrival details.